Greetings all, time for a mind wipe I think, let's ctrl-alt-delete my brain!
Don't worry though, I'm not about to ditch the blog and start a new one (hmm, tempting, but quite a lot of effort methinks!).
That being said, with the announcement from GW that we will definitely be seeing 8th edition this year (and hopefully rather sooner than that deadline may imply) I think it's the perfect time to take a quick look at what I'm doing on the blog and decide how I want to evolve it in the future.
Tuesday, 25 April 2017
Monday, 24 April 2017
Greetings all! So, having already posted one article this evening, here's number two of the day for your delectation, though this one is very different subject matter. Earlier today the warhammer community team conducted a live interview on their facebook page between the head of the community team and the team leader for the re-writing of the rulebook. I watched it afterwards (huh, who'd have kids eh) and have made notes of everything they discussed. That information is below, along with my own thoughts on what they said (and equally as important, what they didn't say).
Greetings all - welcome once more to the inner workings of my hobby station.
This week I've mainly been working on commission projects, hoping to finish my current workload so that I can concentrate on the Dusk Knights prior to my doubles tournament in June.
Sunday, 23 April 2017
Greetings all! Well, this really is the New Games Workshop (TM) isn't it! Not only are they telling us that a new edition is coming and that codices will soo be off sale, but they're already answering anticipated questions!
Well, I guess therefore it's time for me to have a quick look at what we can glean from the FAQ released this afternoon.
Wednesday, 19 April 2017
Greetings all, this is going to be something of a different hobby update post to normal, as the bank holiday here has yet again messed my internal clock mechanisms up (I'm currently on my first day back at work after the break, so feel like it's Monday, when in fact it's Wednesday and I've realised I'm two days behind my normal schedule!
So, basically I've got my normal hobby update stuff, followed by a generic news update - aren't you all so lucky!
Wednesday, 12 April 2017
Greetings all, I'm sure I'm telling you nothing by advertising this blog for you all, it's one of the Gloriana class blogs out there for anyone interested in 40k.
Tuesday, 11 April 2017
- Continue to post at or above 2016 levels, when I achieved 153 blog posts.
March calmed down a little bit for me in the posting stakes, though I still managed 18 posts in the month. The reduction was mainly down to my busy last week however, so a blip it most certainly was and I'm not worried that I've burnt myself out with my posting schedule.
- Reinstate/create some regular features, including Funny Friday, and possibly we'll see a return of 'The Adept' and his take on 40k's particular style.
- Achieve over 20,000 views in at least 1 month of the year, and aim to average over 18,000 views per month.
I dipped just a little bit below my 18,000 average target this month, but that's ok since I smashed it by so much last time. It's also not surprising that the viewing figures dropped a little since I had a quiet week of publishing nothing.
- Continue to promote adsense on the blog, and actually get paid by google!
I finally did it! Just over four years I think it took, but my earnings from Google finally tipped over the magic £60 mark. Now I need to just wait for Google to actually cough up the money! I have my eye on something to spend the cash on too, hopefully you'll all agree it'll be worth it.
- Feature a narrative campaign series of battle reports using the Dusk Knights.
- Promote a more 'feature/spotlight' style of photography post when I finish painting a unit.
- Buy no new 40k miniatures in the first half of the year (excluding those I've already committed to, which comprise a chimera, guardsman squad, and 12-14 genestealers).
- Expand on commission painting services, getting a more formal structure in place.
- Buy the Dwarf Bloodbowl team, including a Deathroller.
- Continue to paint/build 300pts per month on average.
- Complete my first formation for the Genestealer Cult - the First Curse.
- Finish painting 1000pts of Emperor's Children
- Begin the repainting of the Tau, at least 6 units to be complete by the end of the year.
- Begin using an airbrush to increase the speed of my painting.
- Complete building my gaming table/storage space to enable battle reports on the GDB blog.
- Beat Ryan more often than I lose to him.
- Achieve a 60+% win rate with the Dusk Knights.
- Achieve a 50+% win rate with the Obsidian Enclave.
- Get into the playoffs of MAD League 3 Bloodbowl.
- Develop a consistently successful list for use with the Dusk Knights
- Place in the top half of two different tournaments.